ntown Digest -hosted by Main Street Elizabethton Downtown Digest -hosted by Main Street Elizabethton
- The 26th annual Christmas Open House was a success with 30 participating businesses and wonderful community turnout on Sunday, November 12th. This day serves as the official kickoff to Christmas in downtown and continues to be one of the best shopping days of the year for downtown businesses.
- Small Business Saturday is a special day dedicated to supporting small businesses and communities across the country. Small Business Saturday is a nationwide movement to celebrate small businesses every day and to help our community thrive and stay vibrant. Founded by American Express in 2010, the Shop Small movement is celebrated each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year’s event on November 25 was a success with 30 participating businesses and community support.
The City and Main Street are partnering together on the History in the Making Community Mural Project. Caitlin Maupin has been selected as the artist who will work with community members to create 6 panel murals showcasing the history and heritage of Elizabethton. Community members will be selected to take create the History in the Making mural through workshops. Applications will be accepted until Friday, December 29. Apply to be a part of this project here: https://forms.gle/RB6b52cDjDbMj7qM7
- This year’s Christmas Window Decorating Contest is open for voting for the public to select their top 3 favorite window displays. This year’s theme is “Season of Lights”. Voting is open until December 7 and the winners will be announced on December 8. Cast your vote here: https://forms.gle/3Dwiux6gjz9DHhsM7
- Holiday Sip & Shop is Friday, December 1 from 5 PM – 9 PM. You’re invited to come out and enjoy extended shopping hours, complimentary beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic available), and the magic of Christmas at 16 participating small businesses.
- The Elizabethton Christmas Parade is on Saturday, December 9, 2023, at 6 PM. The theme of this year’s parade is “Season of Lights” and The City of Elizabethton Parks and Recreation Department with be honored as the the Grand Marshal. Main Street is excited to honor Parks and Recreation to celebrate the light they bring to the community with family-friendly events and accessible outdoor spaces.
- Float registration is open until December 2 here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/elizabethton-christmas-parade-registration-registration-713827747007?utm campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=ebdsshcopyurl
- Volunteers are NEEDED and can sign up here: https://forms.gle/bYABx2W2ZCnbGBJY9
- The Holiday Wrap-up takes place on Saturday, December 16 from 9 AM – 6 PM for all of the last minute shoppers out there! Participating businesses will be open for extended shopping hours to help you check off your Christmas list and find that perfect gift for your loved ones.