Eliz. Electric

Home » Departments » Utilities » Electric » FAQs » Billing/Finance

Billing / Finance

Q. What do I need to do when transferring service or applying for new service?

A. Customers will need to come inside and speak with a Customer Service Representative. Customers will have to also bring a photo ID, social security card and a copy of the lease/rental agreement or documentation showing ownership of property. If you have questions concerning new service you may contact our Customer Service Department at 547-1100.

Q. Will I be required to pay a deposit?

A. Yes. Every account must have a deposit. Your deposit will be based on a credit check that will be ran in our office. Deposits run from $100.00 to $300.00.

Q. What are my payment options for my utility bills?

A. Customers may mail their payments or pay them in person at 400 Hatcher Lane or 136 South Sycamore Street. Payments that are made on or before the due date that do not have a past due balance can be paid at Citizens or Carter County Bank branches. Customers also have the option of signing up for bank draft.
We also have three drop boxes that can be used; two at City Hall and one at our Hatcher Lane location.
We also accept credit and debit card payments over the phone (1-877-336-8403 ) and you may also pay your bill online. 

Q. Who do I contact for questions about my bill?

A. Our Billing Department phone numbers are 547-8609 and 547-8610.