City of Elizabethton Parks and Recreation Department
While many of our daily lives are rapidly changing, we understand that with the sunshine and warm temperatures many people want to be outside to remain healthy- physically and mentally, and provide something for your children to do amidst no school and unlimited time without friends and normal activity.
The Governor and City officials have stressed the importance of social distancing while attempting to flatten the curve and keeping our citizens and visitors healthy. This also remains true while utilizing City parks, trails, pavilions and playgrounds.
At the current time all parks, trails and playgrounds are currently open, but we ask for the public’s help on ensuring it remains that way. The following is several recommendations to follow while physical distancing on parks, playgrounds and trails:
• Follow CDC’s guidelines on personal hygiene prior to heading to trails- wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use ANY public space if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, etc.
• Observe at all times CDC’s minimum recommended 6’ physical distancing from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike, or hike.
• Warn other trail users of your presence as you pass to allow proper distance and step off trails to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distance at all times. Signal your presence with your voice, bell or horn.
• Note that trail and park users will find public restrooms closed-be prepared before you leave and time outings so that you are not dependent on public restrooms.
• Bring water or drinks- public drinking fountains may be disabled and should not be used, even if operable.
• Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect park workers.
Until further notice, there will not be any open gym at the Recreation Center due to cleaning and maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2020 Recreational Plan
The Department is working on our upcoming Recreational Plan. We need input from the public in order to help us form this plan. Please click here to download our Recreational Survey and fill it out. When finished, you can drop the survey off at the Recreation Center, City Hall or the Public Library. You can mail it to the Recreation Center, 300 W. Mill St., Elizabethton, TN 37643. You can also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate you taking the time to help us with this survey.